Thursday, October 1, 2009

I are uber super duper IT geek.

Not really, but I was pretty impressed with myself because last night I disassembled my wife's laptop to put on new cover and hinge assembly, put it back together, and it still works!

And I am not getting paid for this, but if you are DIY inclined when it comes to electronics, and you have a Dell computer, I recommend parts-people.com.

Order placed September 26th, order shipped Sept. 28th, order received Sept. 30th with free UPS ground.

I got the LCD Cover with hinges and the front cover bezel. They tell you if it comes with screws or not. Also they sell individual screws of all sizes used on Dell laptops. They sell some gently used parts for even cheaper.

I am very happy! I have no idea how much Dell would have charged me if I sent it in (I don't have the extended coverage) or how much a local dude would charge, but I am sure it is more than I paid.

No comments: